If you are a citizen of Chile and wish to work and study in Germany, you will likely need to obtain a National Visa (also known as a “Student Visa”) which allows students to study in Germany and also work part-time.
The process of obtaining a National Visa for Germany from Chile generally involves the following steps:
- Enroll in a program at a German university or language school
- Gather required documents: These may include a valid passport, proof of financial support, proof of health insurance, proof of German language proficiency, and other documents depending on your case.
- Fill out the application: Complete the application form for a National Visa and pay the fee
- Submit the application: Submit the completed application, along with the required documents, to the German Embassy or Consulate in Chile.
- Attend an interview: Attend an interview if required
- Wait for a decision: The processing time for student visa applications can vary, so you’ll need to wait for a decision on your application.
It’s important to note that the process and documents required may change with time and it’s always better to check with the nearest German Embassy or Consulate in Chile for the most up-to-date information. Also, you will need to register with the city you are going to live in and apply for a residence permit after your arrival.