Here are a few ways to stop pop-up ads on a Samsung phone:
- Disable pop-up ads in the browser: Most web browsers have a setting that allows you to block pop-up ads. For example, in Chrome, go to Settings > Site settings > Pop-ups and redirects, and toggle the switch to “Blocked.”
- Uninstall or disable apps that display pop-up ads: Some apps may display pop-up ads. To stop these ads, go to Settings > Apps, and find the app that is displaying the ads. Select the app, and then select “Uninstall” or “Disable.”
- Use an ad blocker: There are many ad-blocking apps available on the Google Play Store that you can use to block pop-up ads. Some popular options include Adblock Plus, AdAway, and Block This.
- Use a third-party browser: Some third-party browsers like Brave, Firefox Focus, etc, have a built-in ad-blocking feature that can help you block ads.
- Enable ad-blocking in Samsung Internet: Samsung Internet, a browser that comes pre-installed on Samsung devices, has an ad-blocking feature that can block pop-up ads. To enable it, open the browser and go to Settings > Privacy and security > Block pop-ups.
- Keep your phone and apps updated: Some pop-up ads may come from apps that have security vulnerabilities, so it’s important to keep your phone and apps updated to the latest version to prevent this.
Keep in mind that some of these methods may not be effective for all types of pop-up ads, and you may need to use multiple methods to effectively block them.