The amount of sleep that kids need varies based on their age:
- Infants (0-3 months): 14 to 17 hours
- Infants (4-11 months): 12 to 15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): 11 to 14 hours
- Preschoolers (3-5 years): 10 to 13 hours
- School-age children (6-13 years): 9 to 11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17 years): 8 to 10 hours
It’s important to note that the above is a general guideline and every child is different. Some kids may need more or less sleep, and the quality of sleep is also important. It is recommended that parents observe their child’s behavior, mood, and sleep patterns to determine if they are getting enough sleep.