To connect your Apple Pencil to your iPad, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your iPad is compatible with the Apple Pencil. The Apple Pencil is compatible with the following iPad models:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- Charge your Apple Pencil. Before you can use your Apple Pencil, you will need to charge it. To charge the Apple Pencil, attach it to the lightning connector on your iPad. The Apple Pencil will charge when it is connected to the iPad, and it will take about 15 seconds to pair.
- Pair your Apple Pencil. If this is the first time you are using your Apple Pencil, you will need to pair it with your iPad. To do this, remove the cap from the end of the Apple Pencil, then plug it into the lightning connector on your iPad. Wait for the “Connected” message to appear on your iPad’s screen, then tap “Pair.”
- Use your Apple Pencil. Once your Apple Pencil is paired with your iPad, you can start using it to write, draw, or take notes. Simply tap the Pencil on the iPad’s screen to activate it, then start writing or drawing. To switch between tools, tap the tool icon in the top right corner of the screen.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.