There are several ways to digitally sign a PDF, including:
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: This is a paid program that allows you to create and apply digital signatures to PDFs. It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Using a third-party PDF editor: There are several third-party PDF editors available for Mac, such as PDFelement, PDF Expert, and PDFpen, which provide the feature to digitally sign a PDF.
- Using an online PDF editor: There are several online editors available, such as Adobe Acrobat online, Smallpdf, or PDFescape, which allow you to digitally sign a PDF.
- Using a digital signature service: There are several digital signature services available, such as DocuSign, Adobe Sign, or HelloSign, which allow you to create and apply digital signatures to PDFs.
- Using a mobile app: There are several mobile apps available for both iOS and Android devices that allow you to digitally sign PDFs on the go.
When digitally signing a PDF, you will need to have a digital certificate, which can be obtained through a trusted certificate authority. Once you have the certificate, you can use it to apply a digital signature to the PDF, which can be verified to ensure the authenticity of the document.