To factory reset an iPhone:
- Go to “Settings,” then “General,” and tap “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Enter your iPhone passcode if prompted.
- Tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
To factory reset an iPhone that is turned off:
- Press and hold the “Power” button and the “Home” button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in the iTunes interface and click “Restore iPhone.”
- Click “Restore” to confirm.
Please note that factory resetting your iPhone will erase all of your data and settings, including your contacts, photos, and apps. It is important to make sure you have a backup of your data before factory resetting your iPhone. You can use iCloud or iTunes to back up your data.
After factory resetting your iPhone, you will need to set it up as a new device or restore it from a previous backup. To restore from a backup, follow the prompts during the setup process and select the backup you want to use.