There are several ways to create a fillable PDF, including:
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: This is a paid program that allows you to create a fillable PDF by adding interactive form fields such as text boxes, checkboxes, and drop-down menus. It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Using online PDF editor: There are several online editors available, such as Adobe Acrobat online, Smallpdf, or PDFescape, which allow you to create fillable PDFs.
- Using a third-party PDF editor: There are several third-party PDF editors available for Mac, such as PDFelement, PDF Expert, and PDFpen, which provide the feature to create fillable PDFs.
- Using a form-building tool: There are several form-building tools available, such as Google Forms, JotForm, or Typeform, which allow you to create fillable forms and then export them as PDFs.
- Using Microsoft Word: You can create a form in Microsoft word, then save the document as a PDF and make it fillable by using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or a third-party PDF editor.
Once the fillable PDF is created, it can be distributed for others to fill out and return electronically. You can also set the fields to be required or optional, add drop-down lists, and set up calculations.
When creating a fillable PDF, it’s important to consider the user experience and make sure the form is easy to understand and navigate. You can also add instructions or helpful hints to assist users in filling out the form correctly.
Additionally, it’s important to test the fillable form before distributing it to ensure that all form fields are working correctly and that the form can be easily filled out and submitted.
It’s worth noting that not all the above options will work with all the documents and some may alter the original layout, formatting or add watermarks.