Keto bread is a type of bread that is low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats, making it suitable for a ketogenic diet. It is typically made with almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, eggs, olive oil and sometimes sweetener. Keto bread is different from traditional breads, which are typically made with wheat flour and sugar. Because of the absence of wheat flour, it has a different texture than traditional breads and is denser, but it can be a great option for those following a ketogenic diet or who are looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
Here is a basic recipe for keto bread that you can try:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then mix in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and sweetener (if using).
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and slicing.
Note: This recipe is low in carbs and high in healthy fats and protein, making it suitable for a ketogenic diet. You can also use different ingredients such as psyllium husk, oat fiber or chia seed to make it different and add more fiber to your bread.