Keto pancakes are a low-carb and high-fat alternative to traditional pancakes, which are usually made with wheat flour and sugar. They are a popular breakfast option for those following a ketogenic diet which is a high-fat, low-carb and moderate protein diet.
Ingredients for keto pancakes can include almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, heavy cream, butter, and sugar-free sweeteners. These ingredients are used to create a batter that has a similar consistency to traditional pancake batter, but with fewer carbs and more healthy fats.
When making keto pancakes, it is important to use a non-stick pan or griddle to prevent sticking and to cook the pancakes on medium-low heat to ensure they cook through without burning.
Keto pancakes can be topped with keto-friendly toppings such as butter, sugar-free syrups, whipped cream, berries, or nuts.
Here’s a simple recipe for making keto pancakes:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Butter or oil for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla extract together.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add butter or oil.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle, making sure to spread the batter out evenly.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to look set, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Note: you can also add some sweetener to the batter if you like your pancakes sweeter.