There are several ways to reduce the file size of a PNG image, including:
- Using image editing software: Many image editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, allow you to save a PNG image in a “Save for Web” or “Export” option that will automatically optimize the image for web use and reduce the file size.
- Using online compressors: There are several online image compressors available, such as TinyPNG, Compressor.io, or Kraken.io, which allow you to upload a PNG image and reduce its file size.
- Using command-line tools: There are several command-line tools such as OptiPNG, PNGCrush, or PNGQuant which can be used to reduce the file size of a png image.
- Reducing the image dimensions: Reducing the dimensions of the image will also reduce the file size
- Reducing the color depth: PNG supports 24-bit RGB color, however, if the image doesn’t need that many colors, you can reduce the color depth to 8-bit or less.
It’s worth noting that when reducing the file size of a PNG image, the image quality may be reduced. Additionally, depending on the complexity of the original image, the process of reducing the file size may not work properly, some elements may not be converted or the image may not look like the original image.