There are several ways to separate pages in a PDF, including:
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: This is a paid program that allows you to separate pages in a PDF by creating new documents with individual pages. It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Using a third-party PDF editor: There are several third-party PDF editors available for Mac, such as PDFelement, PDF Expert, and PDFpen, which provide the feature to separate pages in a PDF.
- Using online PDF editor: There are several online editors available, such as Adobe Acrobat online, Smallpdf, or PDFescape, which allow you to separate pages in a PDF.
- Using command-line tools: There are several command line tools such as Ghostscript or QPDF which can be used to separate pages from a pdf file.
- Using Preview: Preview is a built-in application on macOS that allows you to separate pages from a PDF. Open the PDF in Preview, go to the “File” menu and select “Export.” From the export options, select “Extract Single Page” and then choose a location to save the new, separated PDF document.
It’s worth noting that not all the above options will work with all the documents and some may alter the original layout, formatting or add watermarks. Additionally, depending on the size of the pdf files, the process may take a long time.