There are several ways to type on a PDF, including:
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: This is a paid program that allows you to add text to a PDF, as well as edit existing text. It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Using Preview: Preview is a built-in application on macOS that allows you to add text to a PDF using the annotation tools. Open the PDF in Preview, go to the “Tools” menu and select “Annotate.” From there, you can select the “Text” tool to add text to the PDF.
- Using a third-party PDF editor: There are several third-party PDF editors available for Mac, such as PDFelement, PDF Expert, and PDFpen, which provide the feature to add text to a PDF.
- Using online PDF editor: There are several online editors available, such as Adobe Acrobat online, Smallpdf, or PDFescape, which allow you to add text to a PDF.
- Using OCR software: OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software can be used to convert a scanned PDF into an editable format, such as a Word document, then you can add text to the document and save it as a PDF.
It’s worth noting that not all the above options will work with all the documents and some may alter the original layout, formatting or add watermarks.