It can be incredibly painful when a child, regardless of their age, causes heartbreak and hurt. As a mother, this pain can feel especially deep, as we have poured so much love and energy into our children and their well-being. Here are some quotes to help comfort and inspire mothers who are struggling after their child has broken their heart:
- “It’s okay to be angry. It’s never okay to be cruel.” – J.K. Rowling
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” – Ann Landers
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
- “Remember, you are teaching your children how to love by showing them what love looks like.” – Rachel Wojo
- “No matter how far we come, our mothers are always in us.” – Brad Meltzer
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
- “The best love in the world, is the love of a mother.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Rice
- “Moms are people who know us the best and love us the most.” – Unknown
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
It can be difficult to process the hurt and disappointment after a child has caused pain, but it’s important to remember that we are not alone in this experience. Many mothers have gone through similar situations and have come out stronger and more resilient. It’s okay to take time to heal and process your emotions, but also know that it’s possible to find peace and love again.
If you’re struggling with the hurt caused by your child, consider seeking support from friends, family, or a professional counselor. Remember, healing takes time and effort, but with patience and understanding, it is possible to rebuild a positive relationship with your child and find happiness again.