On a ketogenic diet, most fruits should be avoided because they are high in carbohydrates. However, there are a few low-carb fruits that can be consumed in moderation as part of a ketogenic diet. These include:
- Berries: Berries such as raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries are relatively low in carbohydrates and high in fiber.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a good source of vitamins and antioxidants, and they are relatively low in carbohydrates.
- Avocados: Avocados are high in healthy fats and are relatively low in carbohydrates.
- Lemons and limes: These fruits are low in carbohydrates and can be used to add flavor to food and drinks.
- Coconut: Coconut is a fruit that is high in healthy fats and can be used in cooking and baking.
It’s important to note that even these fruits should be consumed in moderation, as they still contain some carbohydrates. It’s also important to keep track of your carbohydrate intake and make sure you stay within your daily limit.