On a ketogenic diet, it is recommended to eat high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate foods. Some examples of foods to eat on a ketogenic diet include:
- Meat: Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.
- Fish and seafood: Salmon, tuna, shrimp, etc.
- Low-carb vegetables: Spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- High-fat dairy: Cheese, butter, cream, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, etc.
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
- Beverages: Water, coffee, tea, etc.
What Not To Eat On Keto Diet?
It’s important to avoid high-carb foods such as grains, sugars, fruits and legumes, potatoes, and processed foods.
On a ketogenic diet, it is important to avoid foods that are high in carbohydrates. Some examples of foods to avoid on a ketogenic diet include:
- Grains: Wheat, rice, oats, barley, etc.
- Sugars: Table sugar, honey, agave, etc.
- Fruits: Apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, etc.
- Legumes: Beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Potatoes and starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, etc.
- Processed foods: Bread, pasta, crackers, etc.
- High-carb sauces and condiments: Ketchup, barbecue sauce, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages: Beer, sweetened cocktails, etc.
It’s important to keep in mind that the body needs some amount of carbs to function properly, so it’s recommended to have a low amount of carbs in a day.